Friday, January 30, 2015

Crockpot: Beef & Broccoli

This is just the start to many many crockpot recipes!  Love love love them.
This is always on the top of my husband's suggestion list whenever I ask him what he wants for dinner.  The best part is that I've made it so many times I almost don't need the recipe! 

I don't have a picture of this one because I find odd lighting and beef do not mix for a great picture...but trust me it tastes amazing!


(Not my photo, can be found here)

Ingredients:


1 pound of boneless beef chuck roast cut into strips (I have used many different cuts and also cut the beef into cubes instead of strips, they all taste great! I have also used moose and venison for those outdoorsy people)
1 cup beef consomme (I use beef bouillon cubes dissolved in water)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil (I have used olive oil when I didn't have sesame oil)
3 garlic cloves, minced (We love garlic and have used up to 5 cloves!)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Fresh broccoli florets, as many as desired (I usually use two heads)

Directions:


Place beef in crockpot and turn on low.
In a small bowl combine consomme (or bouillon cubes), soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic.  Pour over beef.
Cook on low 6-8 hours. (I have to stir this a couple times just so it doesn't burn to the sides or bottom, my crockpot still boils on low...)

After 6-8 hours, take 2 tablespoons of sauce out from the crockpot and mix in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (I find that letting the sauce cool before mixing in the cornstarch helps it thicken quicker!) 
Place sauce back into crockpot.
Add broccoli florets to crockpot.  Stir to combine.
Cover and turn crockpot on high for an additional 30 minutes. (The sauce has to boil to thicken)
Serve over rice.


Thank you BS Recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment