Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Pasta

You will find that most of my recipes come from Pinterest so I take no credit in creating these!  I am just blogging these recipes so you can join in on the deliciousness too!
After making this recipe three times I've come to the conclusion that it needs to be doubled just for my husband and I.  So if you want to make this for a family definitely double the recipe!  If you have a husband like I do that loves to eat and you want to have more than a couple pieces of pasta for leftovers...double it!



(Also not my photo FYI)

Ingredients


1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used cooked frozen shrimp)
8 oz penne pasta
salt and pepper to taste
1 green onion, thinly sliced

Instructions


In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, Parmesan, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes.  In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl (I used a bowl), combine shrimp and olive oil mixture; marinate for a least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag (or stirring) occasionally. (I have never marinated this for longer than 40 mins because I'm always making it last minute...I can only imagine it marinated overnight!)

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add shrimp and sauce mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2 minutes.  Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste (never did this step myself just added a little fresh Parm on top).

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!  Would love to see what other people think and any adaptations you may have made! Bon appetit!

*This recipe was taken from Damn Delicious...thank you for such an easy, damn delicious recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment