Saturday, February 7, 2015

Crockpot: Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork

I made this for the first time last week and I could not WAIT to share it will you all!  This was my first experience with pork in the crockpot and this will definitely not be the last! Although it requires a little more work than most of my other crockpot recipes, trust me, it will be worth it.  The recipe initially calls for pork tenderloin but I used pork chops, and when I went to take them out of the crockpot at the end, I couldn't keep the meat on the bones!  They all fell apart but I was totally okay with that...

(Yes, this is my own photo!)

Ingredients:


2 pounds pork tenderloin (I used pork chops)
1 teaspoon ground sage (I didn't have sage so I used thyme)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed (I used 2 cloves finely chopped)
1 cup water, split in two 1/2 cups
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Instructions:


1. Mix together seasonings; sage (thyme), salt, pepper, garlic
2. Rub over pork.  Place 1/2 cup water in crockpot, then place seasoned pork in crockpot
3. Cook on low 5-8 hours (I used 6 small pork chops and cooked them on low for 5 hours total, wish I would have cooked them a half hour less)
4. One hour BEFORE pork is finished, mix together ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan; brown sugar, 1/2 cup water, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
5. Heat on medium heat and stir until sauce thicken, about 4 mins
6. Brush roast with glaze 2-3 time during the last hour of cooking
7. Optional: Place pork on a baking pan and place under broiler for 1-3 minutes (I definitely did this!)

I served it over rice with the remaining glaze...Enjoy!

Thanks to Laura's Sweet Spot for this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment