Thursday, January 14, 2016

Stitch Fix Review #12 - October 2015 Maternity

Looking back to my last post and seeing flowers blooming in my garden made me realize how long it has actually been since posting!  Who knew the third trimester and having a baby would completely consume your life? (Just kidding by the way...) So with my first postpartum Stitch Fix being styled at this very moment I figured I would at least blog my last maternity fix...from October haha.

No Kate again...I really missed her style and she finds the best pieces for great prices.  This stylist, Heather, didn't quite get the memo when it came to price.  Especially since it's maternity and I only had a couple months left!
I was impressed with the color selection in this Stitch Fix since it was colors I tend to lean towards AND appropriate for the upcoming winter months.

Tart Maternity - Sanai Striped French Terry Maternity Dress: $98
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4318020

Tart Maternity - Sanai Striped French Terry Maternity Dress Stitch Fix Review
I actually really loved this dress despite the horizontal stripes, and the sleeves were long enough along with being incredibly comfortable.  But hold up...$98?! I sent back non-maternity dresses that expensive for just that reason, why would Heather think I would pay this much for a maternity dress with my pregnancy nearing the end?? 
Verdict: Sent back

41Hawthorn - Londyn Double Breasted Notch Collar Peacoat: $68
41 Hawthorne - Londyn Double Breasted Notch Collar Peacoat Stitch Fix Review Maternity

41 Hawthorne - Londyn Double Breasted Notch Collar Peacoat Maternity Stitch Fix Review
Love the olive color and idea of a lightweight peacoat, but like nearly everything else on this planet the sleeves just were not long enough.  Sad.  Also $68 is still a little too pricey for something lightweight headed into the cold of winter!
Verdict: Sent back

Loveappella Maternity - Chango Maternity Knit Top: $54
Loveappella Maternity - Chango Maternity Knit Top Stitch Fix Review

Loveappella Maternity - Chango Maternity Knit Top Stitch Fix Review
What is it about horizontal striped maternity tops??  I have got at least one with every maternity Stitch Fix so far.  I don't need any help looking wider!  I did love this top but I just couldn't justify another neutral colored, striped maternity top...
Verdict: Also sent back...

RD Style - Calandra Side Button Hooded Poncho: $68
RD Style - Calandra Side Button Hooded Poncho Stitch Fix Review Maternity

RD Style - Calandra Side Button Hooded Poncho Stitch Fix Review Maternity

RD Style - Calandra Side Button Hooded Poncho Stitch Fix Review Maternity
No, no, and...no.  I don't know where she got the idea that I like very large, oversized ponchos but I don't.  Especially while pregnant! I felt ten times larger than I already was!  Maybe if I was on the show "Secretly Pregnant" and trying to hide my belly I would have kept it...but I wasn't...and loved my belly!
Verdict: Quickly stuffed into return bag

 Kut From The Kloth - Ophelia Maternity Bootcut Jean: $88
Kut From The Kloth - Ophelia Maternity Bootcut Jean Stitch Fix Review

Kut From The Kloth - Ophelia Maternity Bootcut Jean Stitch Fix Review
Were the jeans incredibly comfortable, to the point where I didn't want to take them off? YES...but $88?!  Come on Heather!  Why did you do that to me?!  Unless I get an insanely large raise at work I will never spend $88 on maternity pants....EVER.
Verdict: And lastly....sent back...

So if you didn't catch on already I decided I'd rather lose the $20 styling fee than keep anything from this Stitch Fix...and because of that I decided to take the last couple months of my pregnancy off from Stitch Fix.  Can't wait to start back again!!




No comments:

Post a Comment