Monday, April 13, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #6 - April 2015

This month's Stitch Fix was 2 days late and it felt like an eternity! Unfortunately it was sort of a disappointment...but as always it was so much fun!  I just had to take a picture outside because the sun was shining and for the first time in a LONG time a jacket wasn't needed to go outside!  And good news! For those of you who are vertically challenged or growing a human, you're in luck!  They just added petite and maternity!  Now to patiently wait for talls...

My stylist Jenna has been getting better and better with each Stitch Fix, but unfortunately she took a step back this month.  I asked for white/colored jeans, a lighter jean jacket, and maxi dresses/skirts in my note.  She listens so well though!  The only jeans she could find to fit my note were close to $200 so I'm SO glad she didn't send though.  I don't think I've even touched a pair of jeans that expensive.  I also asked to her to mix in some edgy pieces.
Please excuse the terrible selfies...I was running out of light and I was so disappointed with the clothing I just wanted to do it and get it over with.  So here goes nothing!




41Hawthorne - Teresa Colorblocked Sleeveless Blouse: $48
Stitch Fix Review
(Red pants were a steal of a deal from TJMaxx)

It was definitely the style I was looking for to add to my wardrobe but just didn't do it for me.  It just hung off of me awkwardly.  Left picture is how it hung, right picture is the way I wish it fit after pinching about 3-4 inches of fabric on my right side.  If it fit the way it did on the right I would have totally kept it!! 
Stitch Fix Review
Love the bottom of the shirt and the little extra shoulder detail!
Stitch Fix Review
Sadly, as much as I like the simplicity and style of this shirt, it just plain didn't fit.  PS: this was the edgy piece that Jenna sent for me!
Verdict: Retuuuurned

Skies are Blue - Misa Embroidered V-Neck Top: $44
Dear John - Finnegan Roll Cuff Chino Short: $48
Stitch Fix Review
Stitch Fix Review

I have never been a huge fan of chino shorts and I've seen a lot on other Stitch Fix reviews so I knew it was only a matter of time before one arrived in mine.  I feel like they flare out and look awkward...but that's just me.  So with that being said I did not like the shorts at all, oh and not to mention the button fell off before I even put them on...also you can't tell but these were actually red and white pinstripes that made them look pink.
As for the shirt I LOVE the embroidered pattern but the shirt itself was very VERY boxy.  I literally laid it out on my rug and it was a perfect square.  Plus those style sleeves are never a good combination with my broad shoulders.  Would have loved this a flowy tank!
Verdict: Returned!

Pixley - Abi Colorblock Maxi Dress: $88
Stitch Fix Review
LOVE this dress! It was just like one on my Pinterest board. But just like every maxi dress I've ever tried on it was too short.  Not too too short, just too short to pay $88. 
Verdict: Sadly sent back

Liverpool - Kolten Denim Jacket: $98
Stitch Fix Review
Stitch Fix Review
Jenna listened and sent me a light washed fitted jean jacket....for $98!! I almost didn't try it on when I saw that price, I shouldn't have, because I love it!  Oh and I loved the Skies are Blue shirt underneath! If only it looked good alone...
Verdict....Kept! (only because I sent everything else back and had credit thanks to you awesome people who signed up with my referral link!) 

Thanks for everyone who signed up using my referral link!! I hope you have enjoyed your fixes like I have!

Until next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment